Poodles are an incredibly capable breed, and require mental enrichment in order to lead a happy, well-rounded life.
Simple ways you can provide enrichment to your dog:
- hide treats around the house (underneath the couch, in a corner, on a low shelf, etc.)
- provide a Kong filled with frozen yogurt, peanut butter, or canned food
- feed them their meal through a puzzle toy
- have a small trick training session and teach your dog something new; to stand on a box, hit a target, wave, etc.
- place a few pieces of kibble (or cheerios, frozen peas, etc.) in each hole of a muffin tin, then cover them with crumpled newspaper, toys, or tennis balls.