We are accepting applications for a local home that would be interested in being a guardian home/co-own for a Toy Poodle show prospect. Interest in showing is ideal but not required (I can arrange/take care of that), but you must be willing to maintain show coat, or to bring the dog to me for coat maintenance.
Exact puppy to be determined. He/she will be ready to go in December 2023.
Please contact me for more information.
Guardian Homes are available to those within southern Alberta, Canada - Lethbridge, Magrath, Raymond, Taber, Coaldale, Medicine Hat, Pincher Creek, Cardston, Ft. Mcleod, Claresholm, Nanton, etc. We may consider those slightly further in some scenarios (i.e., Calgary, Red Deer, etc.).
Guardian Home Program -
The overall purpose of this program is to:
- Provide our dogs with loving, forever homes, where they will receive individual attention, training, exercise, etc.
- Expand our breeding program in an ethical way
- Provide an opportunity for families to own a top-quality puppy for a greatly reduced price (or a regular pet price, with financial reimbursement with each litter - it will depend on the puppy)
- Prevent having to rehome retired dogs, by placing them in their forever families from the very beginning
Responsibilities of a Guardian Home:
- Routine maintenance and medical care, such as annual vaccines, dewormer, etc.
- Feeding the dog a quality, balanced diet throughout their entire life
- Enroll in an obedience class
- Have a fully fenced yard for safety, and never leave the dog outside unattended
- Have no other intact dogs in the home of the opposite sex of the guardian dog
- Have the dog regularly groomed and exercised
- Responsibly own an intact dog - not allow intact males to interact with females in heat, and vice versa
Responsibilities of Temple City Poodles:
- Cover all breeding costs and care:
- health testing
- showing (if applicable)
- stud fees, semen collection/analysis/shipping, etc.
- whelping & pregnancy care (including supplements, whelping supplies, etc.)
- raising any resulting litters
- CKC registration of the guardian dog and litters
- To provide discounted grooming & boarding services for the guardian dog
A Few Additional Benefits of Owning a Guardian Dog:
- Typically a shorter amount of time spent on the waiting list
- Large discounts on grooming & boarding for the dog's entire life.
- Discounted dog food - wholesale price (if desired)
- Lifetime breeder support
- The opportunity to own a wonderful dog :)
Co-ownership is occasionally available to individuals who live further away, and are interested in showing, doing sports with their dog, and who are willing to keep their dog intact for potential future breeding. Co-ownership agreements and terms can depend on the individual home and the individual dog, so if you would like to discuss it further, feel free to contact me.